That's right. If you didn't go, I'm sure you heard all about it. Honestly, I'm not the biggest Metallica fan, but I definitely wasn't going to let this opportunity pass me by. I mean, let's be serious: Metallica at Stubb's outdoors - for free! I'm so down. The show was actually great. The crowd was significantly different from any other show I saw at SXSW this year. I was probably one of the youngest spectators, coming in at a whopping 21-years-old. The majority of the crowd was older and all badge-holders. I feel like this made my viewing experience ten times better because it seemed like everyone there was absolutely into it - and not showing it through immature actions (like throwing beer and trash cans into the "pit"). I tried to get some pictures but my flash didn't reach very far and this 5'2'' gal can only reach so high.
As you can see, there was a sea of fists and head-banging. Metallica played a fantastic set that looked a little something like this:
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Harvester of Sorrow
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Master of Puppets
Blackened
----------------------------------------
(didn't catch 1st song in encore)
Whiplash
Seek and Destroy
i didn't go to this cobcert, but i went to their show in san antonio, which was probably way more kickass than this show. they played all the same songs you said they played along with many many others because it was such a big show/venue, they also had lasers, fire, and so many weird light effects this show you posted about was probably wimpy.
ReplyDelete